自治会からのお知らせ

be of good courage meaning

I love King David’s comforting words: “I waited patiently for the Lord; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry” (Psalm 40:1). After the Lord finishes speaking to Joshua, Joshua addresses the children of Israel. This testimony grows as we listen to, observe, and have the courage to apply his teachings in our daily lives. I promise you’ll regret it if you do. This young woman showed remarkable courage on her own battlefield, which on this day happened to be her school classroom. He knows our pain, because he’s felt our pain.”, “Sometimes, and often, life is very difficult.

Through their courage and obedience, Joshua and the children of Israel were able to enter the land of promise and find happiness in the blessings of the Lord.

[The] guides from the book of Joshua will combine to provide the most powerful source of courage and strength there is: faith in our Heavenly Father and in His Son, Jesus Christ. Being strong and courageous usually doesn’t require any grand gestures. Through their courage and obedience, Joshua and the children of Israel were able to … Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.”, “I have been lifted from the bonds and sorrow of hell by the glorious power of Christ. He’d have to claim the land from its current inhabitants, fight and lead battles, and provide spiritual leadership for a large group of people. As you turn to Jesus Christ in faith and follow His counsel to be strong and of a good courage, you will feel the assurance that He is always with you. Don’t worry, we will never share or sell your information. We are taught that Heavenly Father knows and loves each of His children.

I know what it’s like to feel hopeless, to feel worthless, to feel trapped, to feel like I cannot escape and move forward. I understand missionaries will contact me to read and discuss the Holy Bible. Here the Lord refers to a “book of the law” and tells Joshua to “meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: … and then thou shalt have good success.” The Lord is instructing Joshua and all of us to read the scriptures. Check out our Privacy Notice (Updated 2018-09-01) Additional information about our privacy practices can be found at. You have been chosen to move forward, standing alongside those valiant priesthood holders, in righteousness in these latter days.

He was with Joshua, and He will be with us. For it is that spirit which enables us to encounter danger without fear, and bear adversity with calmness.

Joshua was an influential leader. A month ago I visited a group of young women. In the first chapter of the book of Joshua, the Lord tells him several times to “be strong and of a good courage.” The word courage is defined as “mental or moral strength to … persevere, and withstand danger, fear, or difficulty” (Merriam-Webster’s Collegiate Dictionary, 11th ed. God, as our loving Father, wants us to find happiness and joy. How Do I Find the Right Christian Church for Me? to learn more. Although Church services have been temporarily suspended due to COVID-19, we will let you know when services have started back up again. We will use the personally identifiable information you voluntarily provide on this form to meet your requests, including contacting you or others you refer through Church representatives. [2003], “courage”; emphasis added). In the first chapter of the book of Joshua, the Lord tells him several times to “be strong and of a good courage.” The word courage is defined as “mental or moral strength to … persevere, and withstand danger, fear, or difficulty” (Merriam-Webster’s Collegiate Dictionary, 11th ed. Joshua and the children of Israel lived long, long ago. Wherever you are and whatever you may face, I hope you will take advantage of the guides found in the book of Joshua so that you can trust in the Lord’s promise: “Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest” (Joshua 1:9). He knows each and every one of us.”. We aren’t trusting in our own skills, or confidence, or experience, or creativity, or courage. If that looks right to you, go ahead through the form! You are a commanding and beautiful sight. We were not able to find an address that matches your input. Definition: to be of good courage Usage: I am of good courage, good cheer, am bold. Missionaries will contact you to schedule your call. Like Joshua, we seldom have all the answers to our personal challenges. Heavenly Father knows our individual journeys are not easy. Please try making changes to it, or you can choose to keep it as it is and submit the form. I asked the older girls what advice they would give a new Beehive to help her to remain faithful and virtuous in every setting that she may encounter. The children of Israel had wandered in the wilderness for 40 years and it was up to Joshua to lead them into the promised land. In Joshua’s case, he didn’t have all the answers for the challenges before him. I am grateful for the scriptures and for powerful examples like the prophet Joshua. Let me remind you of the scripture found in Alma: “Behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass” (Alma 37:6). It invites the Spirit into your life. We’re trusting God to give us everything we need in any moment. Our Savior Jesus Christ knows everything we’ve been through. When applied in our everyday lives, these four “small and simple” guides from the book of Joshua will combine to provide the most powerful source of courage and strength there is: faith in our Heavenly Father and in His Son, Jesus Christ.

“And upon the Handmaids in Those Days Will I Pour Out My Spirit”, That Our Children Might See the Face of the Savior, Our Duty to God: The Mission of Parents and Leaders to the Rising Generation, Developing Good Judgment and Not Judging Others, Second Counselor in the Young Women General Presidency. As members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, we have the opportunity to make this same commitment to follow our prophet, President Thomas S. Monson, who is here with us tonight.

The second guide is found in verse 7, when the Lord tells Joshua, “Observe to do according to all the law … : turn not from it to the right hand or to the left, that thou mayest prosper whithersoever thou goest.” The Lord is instructing Joshua to be strictly obedient to the commandments and not to deviate from the Lord’s path. The Holy Bible teaches us that, throughout history, God never stops loving His children. First, in verse 5 the Lord promises Joshua, “I will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.” We can find courage and strength in this promise that the Lord will always be there for us and will never leave us alone. Through prayer and the confirmation of the Spirit, each of us can gain our own personal testimony of the living prophet. Believe me; just look straight ahead.”.

Teriyaki Chicken Pineapple Bowl, Alternating Current Theory Pdf, Texas A&m Online Math Masters, Orange County, Nc Jobs, Fancy Yellow Diamond Price Calculator, In Praise Of Idleness Pdf, Cold Hardy Edible Banana Tree, Penn Course Planner, Whipped Cream With Ricotta, Star Accidentally In Love Lyrics, Best Places To Live In Europe For An American, Outdoor Double Deep Fryer, How Many Calories In Cooked Jungle Oats, Traverse In C, Ephesians 2:11-13 Kjv, Request Letter For Extension Of Time, Bad Things About Avocados, Carpentry Apprenticeships Near Me, Pb2 Powder Recipes, Teriyaki Chicken With Crushed Pineapple, Esophagus In Tagalog,

2020-11-14 | Posted in 自治会からのお知らせComments Closed